Times are uncertain. 2020 has been an unprecedented year for a multitude of reasons which are too numerous to detail in this simple blog.
The dynamics of business and work have changed drastically for the majority of Americans across the country. Depending on the industry, some businesses have suffered more than others.
During difficult times, it can be invaluable to get advice from people who have walked through hell and back to obtain their goals. Seeing others overcome adversity can give us hope that we too will endure and come out the other end stronger.
Here are 15 quotes from industry leaders and mentors who have overcome seemingly insurmountable odds:
- “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rodgers
- “Almost everything worthwhile carries with it some sort of risk, whether it’s starting a new business, whether it’s leaving home, whether it’s getting married, or whether it’s flying into space.” – Chris Hadfield
- “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.” – Barack Obama
- “Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you’re going to do now and do it.” – William Durant
- “I don’t know the word ‘quit.’ Either I never did, or I have abolished it.” – Susan Butcher
- “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Every problem is a gift—without problems we would not grow.” – Anthony Robbins
- “There’s no shortage of remarkable ideas, what’s missing is the will to execute them.” – Seth Godin
- “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
- “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.” – Steve Jobs
- “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.” – Richard Branson
- “Play by the rules, but be ferocious.” – Phil Knight
- “Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Mentor Resources can help any company to leverage technology to create tailored career development programs that are cost-effective. Our mentoring software - Wisdom Share is a cloud-based program that is simple and comes with guided workflows. Included are tools for administrators to attract, enroll, connect, and guide participants. We also provide analytics to ensure you can monitor your employee development program and easily see ROI metrics.
Reach out to us today for a Free Demonstration of our software.