In today’s world, there are powerful women spanning every level of the corporate ladder from CEOs to engineers, to general employees and trail-blazing thought leaders.
Here are 25 inspirational quotes from female industry titans:
- “Lean in, speak out, have a voice in your organization, and never use the word, ‘sorry’.” ―Trish Bertuzzi, CEO Bridge Group Inc
- “I’ve never thought of myself as a female engineer, or founder, or a woman in tech. I just think of myself as someone who’s passionate.” ― Leah Busque, Co-founder Taskrabbit
- “Stick to your true north― build greatness for the long term.”―Ruth Porat, CEO Alphabet
- “And if the end result is that someone, somewhere winds up believing they can do something out of the ordinary, well, then you’ve really made it.” ― Angela Ahrendts, SVP Retail Apple
- “Do what you love and success will follow. Passion is the fuel behind a successful career.”―Meg Whitman, Former President & CEO HP
- “Growth and comfort do not coexist.” ― Ginni Rometty, CEO IBM
- “I invented my life by taking for granted that everything I did not like would have an opposite, which I would like.” — Coco Chanel
- “I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” ― Marissa Mayer, former CEO Yahoo!
- “You never lose in business, either you win or you learn.” — Melinda Emerson, Author
- “I like to say it’s an attitude of not just thinking outside the box, but not even seeing the box.”― Safra A. Catz, CO-CEO Oracle
- “Define success in your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.” — Anne Sweeney, Co-chair Disney Media Networks
- “I’ve always been a bit of an introvert, but just because you don’t fit the classic mold doesn’t mean you can’t be a leader. You just need to find your own style and someone with a similar style who you can learn from.”― Jess Lee, CEO Polyvore
- “You will be defined not just by what you achieve, but by how you survive.”―Sheryl Sandberg, COO Facebook
- “There is nothing like a concrete life plan to weigh you down. Because if you always have one eye on some future goal, you stop paying attention to the job at hand, miss opportunities that might arise, and stay fixedly on one path, even when a better, newer course might have opened up.” ― Indra Nooyi, CEO Pepsico
- “I don’t believe in failure. It’s not failure if you enjoyed the process.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “It was a risk. I had my husband and I was pregnant with my oldest son. But I don’t look at risk the way other people do. When you’re an entrepreneur, you have to go in feeling like you’re going to be successful.” — Lillian Vernon, Founder of the Lillian Vernon Corporation
- “I have never worked a day in my life without selling. If I believe in something, I sell it, and I sell it hard.” — Estée Lauder, Founder Estée Lauder Companies
- “We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes—understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” — Arianna Huffington, The Huffington Post
- “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me?” — Ayn Rand, Author & Philosopher
- You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, “I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.” You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Mentor Resources can help any company to leverage technology to create tailored career development programs that are cost-effective. Our mentoring software - Wisdom Share is a cloud-based program that is simple and comes with guided workflows. Included are tools for administrators to attract, enroll, connect, and guide participants. We also provide analytics to ensure you can monitor your employee development program and easily see ROI metrics.
Reach out to us today for a Free Demonstration of our software.