Without mentoring, there would be no Apple Computers and many of our great artist and industry leaders wouldn’t be where they are today. Not everything can be learned from school, the internet or the library. Sometimes the only way to advance is to learn directly from someone who knows - a mentor.
Learning comes with a sense of duty. It’s something we all feel. When someone teaches you a new skill, you may be compelled to go teach someone else.
Here are some quotes to help you get inspiried to start your own mentoring program:
- “Our chief want in life is somebody who will make us do what we can.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "My job is not to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even better." — Steve Jobs
- "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." — Winston Churchill
- “The delicate balance of mentoring someone is not creating them in your own image, but giving them the opportunity to create themselves.” — Steven Spielberg
- "The mind is not a vessel that needs filling, but wood that needs igniting." — Plutarch
- “We’re here for a reason. I believe a bit of the reason is to throw little torches out to lead people through the dark.” — Whoopi Goldberg
- “If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” — Isaac Newton
- “You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him discover it within himself” — Galileo Galilei
- “In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.” – Phil Collins
- “Show me a successful individual and I’ll show you someone who had real positive influences in his or her life. I don’t care what you do for a living—if you do it well I’m sure there was someone cheering you on or showing the way. A mentor.” — Denzel Washington
- "A mentor is someone who sees more talent and ability within you, than you see in yourself, and helps bring it out of you." — Bob Proctor
- "I think the greatest thing we give each other is encouragement...knowing that I'm talking to someone in this mentoring relationship who's interested in the big idea here is very, very important to me. I think if it were just about helping me get to the next step, it would be a heck of a lot less interesting." — Anne Sweeney
- “Advice is like snow; the softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon, and the deeper it sinks into the mind." — Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- "Learning is finding out that you already know. Doing is demonstrating that you know it. Teaching is reminding others that they know just as well as you. You are all learners, doers, and teachers." — Richard Bach
- "If you cannot see where you are going, ask someone who has been there before." — J Loren Norris
- “Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen, and a push in the right direction.” — John Crosby
- “A mentor is someone who sees more talent and ability within you, than you see in yourself, and helps bring it out of you.” — Bob Proctor
- “A mentor is someone who allows you to see the hope inside yourself.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “Spoon feeding, in the long run, teaches us nothing but the shape of the spoon” —E.M.Forster
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” — Maya Angelou
Mentor Resources can help any company to leverage technology to create tailored career development programs that are cost-effective. Our mentoring software - Wisdom Share is a cloud-based program that is simple and comes with guided workflows. Included are tools for administrators to attract, enroll, connect and guide participants. We also provide analytics to ensure you can monitor your employee development program and easily see ROI metrics.
Reach out to us today for a Free Demonstration of our software.