An untrained employee is an unhappy one. What is the most effective way to fill the skills gap? Read on to find out!
31 Inspirational Quotes from Titans of Industry
To break out of a rut I had this morning, I took to Google and started reading inspirational quotes to get my brain straightened out.
This morning, I woke up in a rut. There wasn’t anything wrong. Nothing I could put my finger on that was particularly irking me, but there was a pessimistic shade of gray pulled over the world.
Everything on my twitter feed was negative. My coffee tasted horrible. I was unhappy with the position of my desk lamp and after seven adjustments it still bothered me. I couldn’t find my laptop charger. All the blogs I had outlined over the weekend seemed stupid and I had nothing to write about.
I’m sure, everyone has had rough mornings when they just couldn’t get into the spirit of work...even if they have their dream job. To break out of this I took to Google and started reading inspirational quotes to get my brain straightened out.
So, if you ever find yourself in a rut or needed inspiration here are 31 quotes from Titans of Industry to get you going.
- “You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” - Babe Ruth
- “It is not necessary to do extraordinary things to get extraordinary results.” - Warren Buffett
- “It is not the strongest species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change.” - Charles Darwin
- “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” - John R. Wooden
- “‘Make something people want, including making a company that people want to work for.” - Sahil Lavingia
- “The leader is who brings a little bit of magic to the moment.” - Denise Morrison
- “Success if often achieved by those who don’t know failure is inevitable.” - Coco Chanel
- “The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done and self-restraint to keep from meddling with them while they do it.” - Theodore Roosevelt
- “There is no royal road; you’ve got to work a great deal harder than most people want to work.” - Charles Wilson
- “Life is too short to spend your time avoiding failure.” - Michael Bloomberg
- “Dollars have never been known to produce character, and character will never be produced by money. I’ll invest my money in people.” - W.K. Kellogg
- “You only have to be right once.” Drew Houston
- “A man must take advantage of any opportunity that comes along.” - Ray Kroc
- “Success is best when it’s shared.” - Howard Shultz
- “The minute you start compromising for the sake of massaging somebody’s ego, that’s it, game over.” - Gordon Ramsay
- “Train yourself to let go of the things you fear to lose.” - George Lucas
- “When the ideas are coming, I don’t stop until the ideas stop because that train does come along all the time.” Dr. Dre
- “We think mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of time we put in at work, instead of the quality of the time we put in.” - Arianna Huffington
- “I learned that you don’t get anywhere by sitting comfortably in a chair.” - Conrad Hilton
- “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said ‘a faster horse!’” - Henry Ford
- “Someone once told me growth and comfort do not coexist. And I think it’s a really good thing to remember.” - Ginny Rometty
- “It is during the bad times that the skilled manager lays firm foundations for future growth.” - Konosuke Matsushita
- “I’m not afraid to take a swing and miss.” - Fred Smith
- “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” - Bill Gates
- “It’s important to be willing to make mistakes. The worst thing that can happen is you become memorable.” - Sara Blakely
- “You don’t learn to walk by following the rules. You learn by doing, and falling over.” - Richard Branson
- “Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.” - Jack Ma
- “The client is not always right.” - Enzo Ferrari
- “When you innovate, you've got to be prepared for people telling you that you are nuts.” - Larry Ellison
- “The knowledge that you have emerged wiser and stronger from setbacks means that you are, ever after, secure in your ability to survive.” - J.K. Rowling
- “A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.” - Jeff Bezos
Mentor Resources can help any company to leverage technology to create tailored career development programs that are cost-effective. Our mentoring software - Wisdom Share is a cloud-based program that is simple and comes with guided workflows. Included are tools for administrators to attract, enroll, connect and guide participants. We also provide analytics to ensure you can monitor your employee development program and easily see ROI metrics.
Reach out to us today for Free Demonstration of our software.